Sunday, April 20, 2014

Fabulous Freebies: Free Online Art Museum

http://www.artsonia.com/




This week for our Fabulous Freebies I thought I would give a shout out to the website Artsonia. It is a website I have used at multiple schools that I have taught at to display student artwork and create sort of an online art museum for your school.

Students loved seeing their artwork online and that it could even be bought as a t-shirt or other item and parents enjoyed being able to comment on the artwork and get gifts for grandparents. I liked it because it was easy to use, made it easy to be private for students and earned money towards my budget when something was bought off the site.

Artsonia has everything you need to get started on the site like permission letters to send home for parents. Each student that signs up gets a user name that usually coincides with their first name like Jane1234. One school that I have worked at that was particularly private asked students to choose user names instead of first names so it was very anonymous like laserstar1. Then you simply upload digital images of artwork to the site.

You can make it as detailed as you want by either providing just the assignment name with all the photos of the artwork or give each work of art a title.

Parents can log in and register as a parent and write and okay comments for each work of art. This makes sure the artwork does not have any negative comments posted by it.

What the best part about it to me was getting 15% of the proceeds to help with my budget. I even had students come in a few times wearing t-shirts with their artwork so I know they loved it too.

I highly recommend this for displaying the artwork of your students!



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...